Hardingstone Day Nursery is an Ofsted Registered children’s nursery and currently has an “Outstanding” rating in all area’s.
Our 2018 Ofsted review highlighted a number of strengths that both the management team and staff at Hardingstone Day Nursery help to maintain.
Below is the Summary of the key findings highlighted in our recent Ofsted Report:
- The management and staff team work exceptionally well together. Recent changes to the management structure, particularly the introduction of room leaders have had significant impact on the clarification of staff member’s roles and responsibilities.
- The managers are passionate about their role in supporting staff to be reflective in their approach with the children and to continually work on their professional development. They recognise the benefits of staff training, such as significantly increased levels of confidence and understanding of how children learn and develop.
- Children are excited and highly motivated to take part in the activities. Staff follow their interests and suggestions, often immediately facilitating what the children want to do.
- Partnerships with parents are excellent. Parents and grandparents are warmly welcomed to join in with all aspects of their child’s nursery life. They attend events and help out with activities, such as parties and gardening with the children.
- Children’s safety is given the highest priority. Staff supervise them extremely well during activities, maintaining an excellent balance of allowing them to explore and take appropriate risks during their play while keeping them safe.
- Children become very independent, confident and their behaviour is exemplary. They know what is expected in relation to behaviour, from highly effective support from staff